Friday, April 20, 2012

Bernina 730 Record

This Bernina 730 Record was first purchased back in 1971. A Swiss-made marvel of engineering.  Self-contained motor, free arm, embroidery stitches and all-metal construction are just a few of it's great qualities.

It will also sew button holes and has a table adapter that converts it from a free-arm machine to a more standard flat bed machine.

This example has been refurbished and everything works well. Near mint condition means no noticeable marks or dings.

This wonderful Bernina 730 was sold locally and will be cherished by it's new owner who will get a big surprise when she sees it. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, it's her anniversary surprise...



Please help me to continue writing this blog?
Every little bit helps. Thanks




4 comments:

  1. I have this exact machine - though it is not in as great a shape cosmetically. Mine has a few nicks and scratches here and there. But then again, not bad for a machine made in 1963. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how this machine sews. It's a match made in heaven. :-)

    Just out of curiosity, where are you located?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SEW excited! I have been thrift store shopping (we call it 'junkin') for YEARS, and I have never found a Bernina before. Today was my lucky day! I found a Bernina 730 Record in it's case today. I am going to go play with it, and hope it works! I'll be back with an update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive purchased one today this is now my 7th Bernina. My mother sold hundreds in Australia in the late 60's to early 80's before i came along. I am a bridal dressmaker and they are the only machine i use :)

    ReplyDelete