Monday, February 6, 2012

Pfaff 130


This is one of the most popular sail-repair sewing machines you'll find. Small in size but very powerful and with a zig zag stitch. This Pfaff 130 was meticulously cleaned and polished to mint condition.

I even found some gold paste to refurbish the zig zag knob. These sewing machines are very popular, I've seen some for as much as $600 and not as good looking as this one, I might add.

These are truly indestructible so if you find one that doesn't look to trashy get it, they clean-up well and work as strong as an industrial machine, but much smaller.



Please help me to continue writing this blog?
Every little bit helps. Thanks




4 comments:

  1. Are you familiar with refinishing vintage machines? That is, have you painted and added new detailing? If so, could you explain the process a bit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet, but I am getting everything ready to do just that. I will probably document the process if I can. I'm going to try Powder Coating... Stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. I found you via your 3/14 craiglist posting for the Pfaff 260. I'd be interested in testing that machine if it's still available and, if it's not, wondering if you have any other refurbished machines for sale at this time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete